Monday, June 9, 2014

Design inspiration from a .25 cent thrift store magazine.

A few years back, I purchased a decorating magazine at a thrift store for .25 cents. When I got it home and perused through it, I was completely inspired by a living room sofa that was highlighted in the home of decorator Lauren Ross. I ripped out the page, took it to a custom fabric store and ordered a white slip-cover for my sofa like the one in the magazine. The slip-cover turned out quite similar, though the skirt is not quite as long. Here are some comparative pics. (Design inspiration photo vs. the real thing). I absolutely love this slip-cover. It is easy to care for. I would never give it up.

The magazine "design inspiration" photo!

This slip-cover is so pretty.......Love love love it!


My designer slip-cover patterned after the magazine photo.


Love to switch up the pillows and pile them on.

Full back view!


View from the hallway!



Love the designer buttons down the back.



My living room......featuring my sofa slip-cover.....inspired by a .25 cent thrift store magazine.


The magazine page has a place on my "inspiration board"

No comments:

Post a Comment